If you ask me, 2009 was a lousy year for me and many others. Hopefully, 2010 will be better.
In the meantime, here’s a quick recap on the goals that I set for myself last year:
- Create a life list – DONE; I started the list in June…now it’s just a matter of adding more items and crossing them up as I go.
- Become a better blogger – In PROGRESS; I have good months and I have bad months. This will be a continual work in progress until I find my groove.
- Stay employed – DONE; The agency is doing well and I hope that stays that way in 2010.
- Live long and thrive – In PROGRESS; While I have gym membership, I need to make more of an effort to go (more than once a month). As for food, I need to make more of an effort to stop eating out so much and start cooking my meals more often.
- A pirate’s life for me – In PROGRESS; It may be a long time before I actually put any effort in my music collection. In the meantime, I am dependent on Pandora.
- Budget like a rock star – In PROGRESS; I have good months and bad months in terms of budgeting and paying attention to how I manage my money. Not a good habit and something I hope to improve in 2010.
- Find a hobby or a social group – DONE; Last month, I found a networking group, Asian Professionals Meetups, in the city. The group has been pretty cool and I’m looking forward to going to more of their events in 2010.
- Become an early riser – IN PROGRESS; Try as I may, it is hard for me to wake up in the mornings. I need to learn to sleep earlier and wake up earlier so that I can get more out of my days. Argh!
- Organize – IN PROGRESS; Oy! I love organizing and home improvement shows, but I why can’t I organize my room and my life.